Join / sign up
Does anyone know the conditions needed prior to the firmware up-gradation of IBM version 7000
Hi Arnold -
I am assuming you are interested in upgrading the controller firmware:
1. Choose your target firmware stream. Usually this is done based on the required features which can be done using the readme files. Once you choose the stream (7.7.1 or 7.8.1...) the normal recommendation is to use the latest PTF level within that stream. For example, the the latest PTF in the 7.7.1 stream is 126.96.36.199.
2. Now use this link to determine if you can do the upgrade in one step or if you have to make multiple hops. https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=591&uid=ssg1S1003705
3. You can check compatibility with your other components using SSIC:
4. Here is a link to the knowledge center article on upgrading code, also follow the instructions in the readme file at came with your code:
Here is a link to an upgrade checklist:
A few miscellaneous items:
- Make sure your host all have paths to both canisters in the V7000 control enclosure, and your muti-pathing software is working.
- Make sure you run the latest Software Update Test Utility. This will check the system to make sure you are ready to upgrade.
-You may need to update drive firmware.
If you want to talk I would be happy to discuss with you