Join / sign up
I'm hoping to find the prereqs for upgrading the firmware for IBM v7000. Any ideas?
Hi Rodolpho - There is not much information in your post so I will try to provide some generic info. I am assuming you are interested in upgrading the controller firmware:
1. Choose your target firmware stream. Usually this is done based on the required features which can be done using the readme files. Once you choose the stream (7.7.1 or 7.8.1...) the normal recommendation is to use the latest PTF level within that stream. For example I think the the latest PTF in the 7.7.1 stream is 220.127.116.11.
2. Now use this link to determine if you can do the upgrade in one step or if you have to make multiple hops. https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=591&uid=ssg1S1003705
3. You can check compatibility with your other components using SSIC:
4. Here is a link to the knowledge center article on upgrading code, also follow the instructions in the readme file at came with your code:
Here is a link to an upgrade checklist:
A few miscellaneous items:
- Make sure you run the latest Software Update Test Utility. This will check the system to make sure you are ready to upgrade.
-You may need to update drive firmware.
If you want to talk I would be happy to discuss with you
Hi Tom, thanks very much
Tom I am going to go through these resources and see what I can do, then may be back to report on success or to ask for more help!
I do have a document I prepared for upgrading our V7000 Unified a year or so ago, its a 78 page word document. It does contain sections you don't need on Unified, TSM, HSM and antivirus, but will give you an idea of what you need to check. I can share if you are interested.
Paul that would be awesome - my email address is
Paul this is very awesome - thank you! I like the idea of using Slack to keep the team updated. We use Skype for business but I think I will implement the same type of communication.