Maximo Anywhere

  • 1.  Unable to reach server

    Posted Fri October 30, 2020 04:17 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello,
    has anyone encountered similar problem? When entering the URL to maximo for the first time in Technician app, we seem to be connected to Maximo as the app downloading is executed and finished. Then we are presented with login window, but cannot login. Maximo to which we are connecting uses ldap authentication, so we changed authentication to "form" instead of "maximo" in worklight properties file. We connect via VPN and maximo server is available (port 80) from the emulator from which we are connecting - we can login to maximo via browser.
    In maximo log we get nothing. The Chrome debug log snippet is attached.

    Thank you, best Regards

    ------------------------------
    Robi Cavnik
    Troia d.o.o.
    ------------------------------

    Attachment(s)

    log
    chromeLog.log   52 KB 1 version


  • 2.  RE: Unable to reach server

    Posted Fri October 30, 2020 07:47 AM
    The problem was that the zip file, that is created when building apps was not updated with changed si.auth.type=form that we set in worklight.properties. It is not getting picked up. So we changed ..MaximoAnywhere\apps\WorkExecution\common\worklight.properties by hand for every app. Authentication now works.

    Best Regards

    ------------------------------
    Robi Cavnik
    Troia d.o.o.
    ------------------------------



  • 3.  RE: Unable to reach server

    Posted Mon November 02, 2020 11:44 AM
    Robi,

    When you first installed Maximo Anywhere, did you indicate you would be using LDAP as your authentication method?  If you did and this did not work, then you may be experiencing an issue.  If you did not choose LDAP then your work around is the correct thing to do.  During the install, your answer to the question concerning authentication type, sets the si.auth.type setting to each app's worklight.properties.  If you change this after install then you did exactly correct by updating each file.

    ------------------------------
    Bradley K. Downing , MBA
    IBM Certified Adv. Deployment Prof. Maximo v7.6.1
    IBM
    Bakersfield CA
    ------------------------------



  • 4.  RE: Unable to reach server

    Posted Wed November 04, 2020 01:41 AM
    Hello, during the install we had some connection issues and could not select LDAP authentication. We changed the setting after the install.
    Thank you for the Information.

    Best Regards

    ------------------------------
    Robi Cavnik
    Troia d.o.o.
    ------------------------------



  • 5.  RE: Unable to reach server

    Posted Wed July 07, 2021 02:38 PM
    Robi,

    I've encountered same error but in our case we have non-LDAP setup - we're connecting through the MIF. 

    Your thoughts?

    Maximo Anywhere Enthusiast

    ------------------------------
    MaxAnywhere Enthusiast
    ------------------------------



  • 6.  RE: Unable to reach server

    Posted 6 days ago
    Edited by Alexey Potanin 6 days ago
    We also experienced this issue. Everything is fine with our files (I think :).
    Usually it gets resolved by clicking Sign In button a couple of times.
    It seems like an app is losing connection, gets into an "I don't care state, let me wait" state. And after a period of time it will try to connect again.
    Similar issue: https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/apar/IJ11540

    Our version is 764 on Maximo 7.6.0.8 and 7.6.1.2.


    ------------------------------
    Alexey Potanin
    ------------------------------