Challenges with Maximo integration today
- Custom Integration: Today, many customers connect to their Maximo application via custom connections. Problems are encountered when custom connections to critical third party applications are involved. Some of the issues with custom connections are:
- they don’t scale;
- they lack documentation;
- they pose data security issues;
- they are very difficult to maintain.
- A limited number of Adapters: Maximo offers adapters to popular ERP’s such as SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft, etc. However, with the proliferation of SaaS applications in the workplace, there is an increasing need to integrate Maximo with applications such as Jira, Workday, ServiceNow, Salesforce, etc.
- Integration skills: Traditionally integrating Maximo with other systems has been the job of a technical resource. However, with the evolution of tools for Line of Business (LOB), we see an increasing participation of LOB users in developing applications, automating business processes, etc.
How App Connect addresses these challenges ?
- IBM App Connect provides standard out of the box smart connector for Maximo with below capabilities
- App Connect Maximo connector supports Maximo APIs (Version 4) and is designed with end-to-end security
- App Connect Maximo connector supports: Create, Retrieve, Update, and Delete operations on Maximo objects, making this process very simple for customers.
- Connector dynamically discovers custom MXAPI Asset objects and takes action
- Connector supports outbound and inbound actions on Maximo instances which facilitates the management of objects when connecting to third party applications.
- The Connector supports bulk data retrieval using batch extract.
- IBM App Connect offers 100s of Connectors to popular work apps such as Workday, ServiceNow, Jira, MailChimp, Salesforce, etc. You can integrate Maximo with all of these apps out of the box.
Further App Connect’s growing list of technology and protocol connectors helps in easily integrating Maximo with custom applications.
- IBM App Connect is an award-winning product for its usability and design. The product is designed to be used by people with no coding experience. Opening it up to the non-developers to participate in automating business processes involving asset management data that resides in Maximo.
Maximo Integration with other Apps – Watch a live demo