Welcome to the Eastern Michigan IBM Spectrum Storage User Group home page! Our user group focuses on the IBM Spectrum family of software defined storage solutions. Our goals are to:
- Facilitate communications between User Group members regarding the IBM Spectrum SDS solutions.
- Provide updates on product direction and new features of the IBM Spectrum SDS product family.
- Share technical information and experience to help enable users to find better methodologies for improving their experience with the products.
- Gain access to IBM Spectrum SDS speakers on of technical topics.
- Provide answers to questions about the use of IBM Spectrum products.
We try to hold quarterly meetings, as well as use the group forum to manage group communications.
The user group meetings for the Spectrum SDS solutions family have been broken into 3 categories based on product type/interaction:
- IBM Spectrum Protect (includes topics from other products that can be used with Spectrum Protect)
- IBM Spectrum Virtualize, Spectrum Accelerate, Spectrum Control
- IBM Spectrum Scale, Spectrum Archive, Cloud Object Storage
The above categories will include the Spectrum SDS solution as “Software Only” and “Appliance” formats, such as the IBM FlashSystems and former family of storage arrays, and Elastic Storage Systems (ESS).