The User Group was founded in 1996, and has held user events each year since. Currently we have around 80-100 attendees at each of the meetings that we hold at IBM South Bank and IBM Hursley each year.
The user group is an independent body, whose purpose is to promote the understanding of IBM Integration technologies, and industry trends. These technologies include IBM's Messaging, Cloud Integration and API Economy technologies, and products include:
Typical industry trends covered include:
- IBM MQ
- IBM App Connect Enterprise (aka IBM Integration Bus / Message Broker)
- IBM DataPower
- IBM API Connect
- IBM Cloud
- IBM Cloud Pak for Integration
- Containerisation of Integration Technologies
- Agile Integration Architecture and Modernisation
- Integration Technology Architectures
Our premier event is held once a year at IBM Hursley, the home of IBM MQ & IBM Integration and API technologies. A normal year will involve two events; for example:
- WebSphere User Group at IBM South Bank, in London - collaborative: March
- IBM Integration User Group at IBM Hursley, near Winchester - in-depth: June or July
Dates are for guidance - please see the events tab on this site for the actual schedules.
The user group is a non-profit making organisation. We predominately service the UK community, and as such most of our members are UK based.
The committee meets several times a year to plan and organise the events. We are always interested to know if anyone would like to join the committee; if you would, then please contact us via this group, or see us at one of our events for a face-2-face chat.
The current committee is:
- Chairman - Mike Wyvill (Schroders)
- IBM Representative - Tetti Pandelias (IBM)
- Secretary/Communications - Mike Dent (NatWest Markets)
- Treasurer - David Wicks (Independent)
- Committee Member - Shailen Devani (TCS - Tata Consultancy Services)
- Committee Member - Ian Hurworth (Investec Bank)
- Committee Member - James Blackburn (Marks and Spencer)
- Associate Committee Member - Dharmesh Patel (RS Components)