IBM will host an In-Person z/OS Communications Wildfire Workshop on September 26 – 29, 2023 in Coppell, TX
This event will be both presentation and hands-on labs.
Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm (Central – Local Time)
A Hands-on Workshop from the z/OS Communications Server Team of IBM Washington Systems Center
z/OS V2.4 – All the labs will be on z/OS V2.4 systems.
This workshop is designed to give the technical implementer student
- An introduction to z/OS Communications Server Security Solutions.
- Experience in designing and building X.509 digital certificates to provide security for TLS and IPSec.
- Experience in creating AT-TLS, IPSec, and IDS Policies with z/OS Configuration Assistant and installing the policies to protect network traffic to and from z/OS.
- Experience in implementing Syslog Daemon, Policy Agent, and Traffic Regulation Management Daemon on z/OS and in managing security policies on z/OS.
- Insight into the differences among various security technologies, including OpenSSH, IPSec, TLS, and IDS.
Intermediate to Advanced Technical Customers and who need hands-on experience in building and implementing security policies on z/OS Communications Server.
- Experience in managing and editing file structures on z/OS
- Intermediate to Advanced experience in implementing TCP/IP – in z/OS Communications Server or other platforms
- Security Architectures in IT
- Overview of Security in z/OS Communications Server
- Implementation of Policy Agent and Security Policies
- Security Keys and Encryption
- X.509 Digital Security Certificates
- Overview of TLS/AT-TLS
- Overview of IPSec
- Overview of Intrusion Detection Services
LABS for z/OS V2R4
- Implementing SYSLOG Daemon in z/OS
- Implementing Policy Agent in z/OS CS
- Implementing TRMD
- Configuring an AT-TLS Policy for FTP Client and Server on z/OS with z/OS Configuration Assistant in z/OSMF
- Analyzing and Creating X.509 Digital Security Certificates
- Configuring IPSec Policy for Connections from z/OS to z/OS
- Configuring an IDS Policy to Protect z/OS
NOTE: No Kerberos or OpenSSH exercises offered.
Handouts: Lectures in softcopy. Lab booklets in hard copy.
IBM Corporation (Dallas TEC)
IBM Client Center
1177 S. Belt Line
Coppell, TX 75019
For any questions or additional information, please contact Brian Birdsong at email@example.com.
Venue: IBM Office - Dallas, TX
Address: 1177 South Belt Line Road, Coppell, Texas, 75019, United States