EGL Development User Group

  • 1.  Control+O eliminates existing imports

    Posted Tue September 14, 2021 01:38 PM
    Edited by Osvaldo Jose de Oliveira Menezes Tue September 14, 2021 01:46 PM
    Dear Experts

    I have a BUG in my workspace.
    Everything was working perfectly. I don't remember what I did wrong, but I didn't install anything different in the workspace. I'm just creating rui projects, services, etc.

    Now, when I run the command "ctrl+shift+o" to import the classes/files, all my existing IMPORTS disappear from the source.

    Has anyone ever experienced this ?

    Thanks

    ------------------------------
    Osvaldo Jose de Oliveira Menezes
    Analista
    RellegusTI
    Orlândia
    +55 16 3818-0203
    ------------------------------


  • 2.  RE: Control+O eliminates existing imports

    InnerCircle
    Posted Wed September 15, 2021 08:21 AM
    Ctrl+Shift+O  is to organize imports. Any needed imports will be added and existing but unused imports will be removed.
    Can you check if the imports that are getting removed are really needed? Are you getting java errors after Ctrl+Shift+O ?

    ------------------------------
    Dev Banerjee
    RBD Development
    ------------------------------



  • 3.  RE: Control+O eliminates existing imports

    Posted Wed September 15, 2021 09:36 AM
    DEV,

    We have several workspaces in operation.

    I don't know the reason, I don't remember what I did, because one of them, which was working normally, now started to fail, as I show below:

    a) When I use the command "ctrl+shift+o" to redo my IMPORTs from packages/project/classes, they SUM, DISAPPEAR from the source. (yes these existing imports are due)
    b) We also lost (only in this workspace), the ease of completing commands (with the command (ctrl+spacebar).
    c) We also lost (only in this workspace), the facility to hover the mouse over a RECORD and see its structure.

    tks



    ------------------------------
    Osvaldo Jose de Oliveira Menezes
    Analista
    RellegusTI
    Orlândia
    +55 16 3818-0203
    ------------------------------



  • 4.  RE: Control+O eliminates existing imports

    InnerCircle
    Posted Wed September 15, 2021 10:58 AM
    Osvaldo,
    It looks like your workspace is corrupted in some way. This will be in Eclipse territory, a bit out of scope for RBD.
    You may try to:
    - start the RBD workspace with the -clean Eclipse option
    - start RBD with 'Run as Administrator' in case there is a resource access  issue
    - look at the .log file in the workspace  .metadata folder for any clues
    - export your projects, then start a new workspace and import the projects into it.

    If these don't work and you need help from the RBD team, open a ticket and we will take a look in your workspace to see if we find the
    cause.

    Thanks

    ------------------------------
    Dev Banerjee
    RBD Development
    ------------------------------



  • 5.  RE: Control+O eliminates existing imports

    Posted Wed September 15, 2021 12:51 PM
    Dev,
    As for -clean, I've tried it and it didn't work.
    Let's try the other options.
    After posting to the group, we have already opened the ticket, and Mark has been interacting with us.
    Once we have the answer, we will contribute to this group.

    Thank you so much Dev.

    ------------------------------
    Osvaldo Jose de Oliveira Menezes
    Analista
    RellegusTI
    Orlândia
    +55 16 3818-0203
    ------------------------------



  • 6.  RE: Control+O eliminates existing imports

    Posted Thu September 16, 2021 07:44 AM
      |   view attached

    Esteemed  Friends

     

    CASE SOLVED.

     

    With tips from  @Mark Hall and @Dev Banerjee, we were able to fix the problem.

     

    With the tip of our masters, look at the problem in the .log file in the .metadata folder of the workspace that the problem was.

     

    I found the error below:

    java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing file: EGLSource/br/com/morlan/rui/common/rn/records/MaintActive.egl

     

    Looking at the facts, we saw that the team modified the MaintActive.egl source package,

    from: EGLSource/br/com/morlan/rui/common/rn/records

    to: EGLSource/br/com/morlan/rui/common/db/records

     

    The MaintActive.egl file was linked in several projects, and the link was lost because the SOURCE is no longer in the folder. (Strange that it was to point out an error in the project and that didn't happen leaving us lost).

     

    So, by eliminating the wrong folder link and leaving the link to the correct folder, we solve the problem for all projects.

     

    Thus, all the eclipse functionalities are back to work.

     

    However, I wonder why the eclipse behaved in this way.

     

    Problem solved.

     

    Thank you all.

    ​​​

    ------------------------------
    Osvaldo Jose de Oliveira Menezes
    Analista
    RellegusTI
    Orlândia
    +55 16 3818-0203
    ------------------------------

    Attachment(s)