In the increasingly digital economy, lines of business expect more from the IT function, especially as we transition to a cloud first model. Technology, business models, and client expectations are dynamic, continue to evolve, change, and grow. It seems the established model of today was yesterday’s stretch goal. And it’s already yesterday’s Harvard Business Review case study…
How in a world where the next cool app disrupts the established industry titan, can CTO’s keep organizations on the cutting edge of technology? How can the industry hope to harness the world where code is crowd-sourced, developed in an open source community, and running the business the next day? Further, in a world of security breaches that can reduce a CTO’s tenure to minutes, can you build an IT infrastructure that is truly secure? Factor in the need to scale without failure to meet the demands of literally anyone and everyone coming in via mobile devices at random times of the day
Enter the LinuxONE III Express
Today we are announcing LinuxONE III Express, the latest edition to the 3rd generation of the LinuxONE family. The new Express model builds on the core value proposition of the LinuxONE range of servers which can be summarized:
- Superior security, Express is built with features for the most demanding workloads in highly regulated industries
- Lightning-fast processor speed that delivers 2x performance against x86 for open-source workloads
- The ability to scale workloads both horizontally and vertically within the box
- Availability features that are unique to LinuxONE that deliver beyond 5 nines level of availability
- The ability to deliver TCO savings of over 50% against engineered systems based on commodity x86 chip architectures.
The new Express model is radically simplified to enable clients to rapidly adopt the technology with reduced solutioning times. The Express model is the first time that a LinuxONE system is being made to stock and this translates to a radically simplified process for IBMers and IBM Business Partners as they engage with clients looking to configure a LinuxONE system for their needs.
The Express model has been designed with simplicity in mind. With 3 target configurations the Express is transparent with published pricing on the web so that clients can plan and budget without needing a formal quote from IBM.
Target workloads for LinuxONE III Express
The Express is designed with 3 target use cases in mind. Although LinuxONE runs hundreds of Open Source workloads and numerous software titles from IBM and other software vendors the Product Management team have focused in on 3 use cases:
- Data-serving: Express is a data-serving beast, with hardware features that drive radical core consolidation. Express can deliver 50% savings against commodity x86 servers for database workloads.
- Digital assets: Fintech’s and established industry players are looking to transition to cryptocurrency and digital asset models as they evolve payments, settlement and their wider business models. Express is built to be the most securable Linux server on the market.
- Hybrid Cloud: LinuxONE III Express is designed to be perfect platform upon which you can build a Hybrid Cloud. Designed as the perfect server for Kubernetes, Express is ideally suited to Red Hat OpenShift deployments due to its performance, availability, security and scalability.
LinuxONE in IBM Cloud
Introducing the next generation of IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Virtual Servers! In addition, for expanding workloads to Cloud, the next generation of Hyper Protect Virtual Servers brings the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) capabilities of IBM Cloud together with the LinuxONE hardware to offer a complete Hybrid Cloud experience. Configure your Dev/Test, Cloud Bursting or Data Residency workloads as a combination of LinuxONE III Express and Hyper Protect Virtual Servers, now with simplified provisioning and management capabilities to make easier than ever to consume Hybrid Cloud.
Carry out your Confidential Computing, Hybrid Cloud or Industry Vertical use cases like Digital Assets, Cloud Bursting or Digital Banking with ease on Hyper Protect Virtual Servers. This next generation service offers choice in the degree of protection and dramatically simplifies prvisioning and management. Integrated into the IBM Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service portfolio of offerings and built on the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) environment,customers can provision faster and experience high-speed network performance it has never been easier to consume LinuxONE Virtual Servers, only available in the IBM Cloud.
Start your Journey
As you search for a way to start your journey to hybrid cloud enabled mission critical Linux infrastructure environment be safe in the knowledge the perfect platform exists – IBM LinuxONE. Whether you want to start small on-premises or in the IBM Cloud, LinuxONE is built for speed and scale, built to be secure and trusted, built to be open and flexible, built to never fail for the crowdsourced tomorrow.
Want to be inspired? Check out the LinuxONE pages on the web for more info