HOST FILE PRINTING IN CUSTOMIZED PATH IN HACPEE
- IBM HACP Extended Edition is a plugin-free, web-based terminal emulator. Unlike IBM Host On-Demand, HACP EE does not download any binaries that run on the client machine.
- HACP EE reads the existing session definitions from the Host On-Demand server and allows users to connect to their System Z and System I host through an HTML5 compatible browser.
- HACP EE runs on an application server and provides the end-users with a web-based interface to access the pre-configured HOD sessions and connect to the host systems.
- It can fetch 3270/5250 display session configurations from both HTML-based model, combined-based model, and configuration server-based model pages of Host On-Demand.
- From version 2.0, HACPEE provides a feature called HOST FILE PRINTING.
- HACP EE 2.1 version provides a new enhancement called Customized path. The printed files in HACP EE 2.1 can be saved to a custom path, from which they are not lost even after a session is terminated.
- Printed files will be saved in application server location (or) customized path with named based on printer LUName/printer WorkstationID/Directory name/ display LUName/display printerWorkstationID/ display session name.
Procedure to print file in customized path:
- Create an HMTL page in Deployment wizard with Display and Printer sessions.
- Associate printer session with Display Session,
- In 3270 Display session, properties -> Associated Printer -> Associated Printer Session: Choose printer session from the dropdown.
Figure 1: Printer session association with Display session
- Create a custom folder in the HOD installation location.
- Add the custom folder path in web.properties file
- Open properties file, which is under private sub directory.
- Add the custom path in properties file in the printFileLocation property.
- Save the web.propertiesfile and place this file in HOD publish directory.
- Restart the Host-On-Demand Service Manager.
7.Clear browser cache from settings.
- Access the HACPEE page using below URL:
Figure 2: Accessing HACPEE Page
9.Go to properties panel.
Figure 3: Properties Panel
10.If we associate Printer Session with Display Session in Deployment wizard, the Enable Printer Session option gets enabled automatically.
Figure 4: Enabling Printer Session
11.Give Display Luname in General Tab and Printer Luname in Associated Printer Tab in the properties panel and save those changes.
Figure 5:Giving Display LUNAME
Figure 6: Giving Printer LUNAME
- Start the session.
- Execute printing commands in mainframe (for 3270 Display-z series).
- By enabling Enable Printer Session option in Associated Printer Tab, the view Print Jobs option gets enabled in the mainframe.
Figure 7:View Print Jobs
15.Click on View Print Jobs
to see the printed spl
Figure 8: Printed Files
- If we give customized path then we can see the file in given path.
Figure 9:Spl files printed in Customized Path
For further information on Host File Printing in HACPEE and Lab services offerings, please write to:
Developer, Lab Services, IBM HACP & HATS