Calling all passionate fans of IBM Z who want to help shape the future of the platform! You can personally put a student on a path to a lucrative and rewarding career in enterprise computing!
It can be as simple as letting them know about Master the Mainframe. This coding challenge is focused on introducing students to the world of enterprise computing by giving them hands-on experience with IBM Z.
Forrester Research found that careers in Enterprise Computing offer better salaries and are often more rewarding than other IT careers. Check out these enterprise computing internships and entry-level positions available now!
Large enterprises are looking to hire students who can bring their own innovative ideas and passion for modern technologies to some of the world’s most powerful operating systems. Rexx and bash. COBOL and Python. z/OS and Linux. Ansible on z/OS. It’s these foundational skills that are the focus in this year’s most popular enterprise computing coding challenge.
We need your help to get the word out and introduce more students to this rewarding career path.
Choose your message below, then follow the link to sample emails and social assets you can pass along to students and your own networks. We recommend at least two social media posts per message using the #MTM2020 hashtag and shortened link mapped to each message.
- IBMZ-4-Good Messaging:
- Sample Tweet: Hey Tech4Good Advocates! Spend one-hour coding & feed two children for a day. #MTM2020 Register now: ibm.biz/z-the-meal
- Email Social Assets
- Tech Student & Educator Messaging:
- Sample Tweet: Hey Students! Join our coding challenge & land a high paying job in enterprise computing. #MTM2020 Register now: ibm.biz/z-vs-code
- Email Social Assets
Host a webinar or event yourself: It’s easier than you think to organize an event. Here are the materials you need to run your own event featuring Master the Mainframe:
- 1-Hour Event: Event includes an introduction to enterprise computing and career opportunities in enterprise computing + registering for Master the Mainframe.
- 2-Hour Event: Event includes an introduction to enterprise computing and career opportunities in enterprise computing + registering for Master the Mainframe and completing Level 1. Note: some students might get started on Level 2 during the event.
- 4-Hour Event: Event includes an introduction to enterprise computing and career opportunities in enterprise computing + registering for Master the Mainframe, completing Level 1, and make significant progress toward finishing Level 2.
You can reach us on the Master the Mainframe Slack channel should you have any issues or questions.
Thank you for empowering all students everywhere to recognize the power of enterprise computing and help them kickstart their careers in IBM Z!