My name is Melissa Sassi & I’m responsible for Student & Entrepreneur Experience globally within the IBM Z division of IBM.
Thank you for taking time to check out the IBM Z Global Student Hub. It’s a destination for learning, networking with peers and experts, and empowering you to showcase your skills.
If this is your first time checking the Hub out, I encourage you to watch some of our videos, read some of our blogs, and post a discussion topic. WE WILL ANSWER!
If you want to learn something new and do not find it here, tell us!
Below is a list of topics you can expect to see from our team over the year:
- Enterprise Computing: What is it, why does it matter, and how does IBM Z fit into the world?
- Z Ambassador Program: How to apply, selection criteria, benefits, and requirements?
- Jobs in Enterprise Computing: What’s it like to work in enterprise computing, what skills are required, and how can you land the job of your dreams?
- Enterprise Computing Languages: What languages are commonly used in enterprise computing jobs, such as COBOL and Python, and how can you spruce up your skills to land an amazing job?
- Hour of Z: How can you learn about Z in a gamified fashion and empower EVERYONE you know to learn what makes enterprise computing special?
- Diversity & Inclusion in Tech: Why does diversity and inclusion matter, what can you do to be a good ally, and who is out there making the world a more diverse and inclusive place?
- Digital Skills & Readiness: What are the basic building blocks of being online with a lens on digital rights, literacy, communication, emotional intelligence, security, safety, usage, and identity?
- Tech for Good: How can you use technology to make the world a better place and who is out there fighting the good fight to solve the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- Community: How can you build a community focused on sharing your skills forward with others to create a more digitally inclusive world?
What else can you expect to see from our team? Look out for a monthly livestream called StudEntX with Phila & Mel that will include student guests from across the world with a lens on showcasing why the world needs to include students at the center of EVERYTHING!
What more? Yes, there is more! Expect to learn about non-technical skills to prepare you for the future of work.
Below is the list of talk tracks and blogs you should expect:
- Personal Branding: How can you control how others see you, talk about you, and write about you when you are not in the room?
- Imposter Syndrome: How can you kick your perfectionism to the curb, learn to have a growth mindset, and never feel like you do not belong?
- Creativity and Innovation: What skills and activities enable you to be more creative and innovative in everything you do?
- The Art of Persuasion: How can you persuade people to make decisions and take actions based on your recommendations?
- Adaptability: How can you better adapt to change, while thinking critically and solving problems as they arise in life?
- Teamwork and Collaboration: What can help you be a better team player when faced with conflict, crucial conversations, and challenging scenarios?
- Design Thinking: How can you put your audience first and always act with empathy and inclusion with an audience-first mentality?
- Emotional Intelligence: How can you manage your own emotions, respond to emotions others may exhibit, and have better relationships in both your personal, educational, and professional lives?
- Storytelling: How can you tell better stories that emotionally impact your audience in a way that’s relevant, heartfelt, and enables the call to action you are looking to achieve out of your stories.
- Critical Thinking: How can you up your critical thinking game and showcase that you are ready to take on big, wicked challenges you will face in your personal, educational, and professional lives.
I hope you enjoy your journey with us throughout 2021 and beyond.
Did we miss a topic? Use the discussion board to suggest topics you would like to explore with us! WE WILL ANSWER YOU!
Thanks and see you on The Hub!
Chief Penguin, IBM Z
Student & Entrepreneur Experience