Announcing the latest release ( 2022.4.1) of the IBM Z & Cloud Modernization Stack
By Maria Tzortzatos
Director, IMS and Hybrid Cloud Foundation
I am so pleased to be able to announce today our 4th release of the IBM Z and Cloud Modernization Stack, which is designed to help our zSystems clients accelerate application modernization, improving time to market, increasing productivity, and alleviating many skills challenges.
Today’s announcement of 2022.4.1 brings many technical enhancements to the IBM Z and Cloud Modernization Stack including:
IBM Z Open Automation Utilities: In this new version Z Open Automation Utilities delivered,
- Addition of a new utility called zinfo, to view z/OS system information from the z/OS UNIX terminal, which will enable future functionality within Red Hat® Ansible Certified Content for IBM Z
- The opercmd utility now supports the ability to specify console names to avoid console conflicts, and users have the ability to specify a timeout parameter when using opercmd to allow longer-running commands to complete
- Performance improvements for the ZOAU Python API when performing data set operations
- Improvements and bug fixes for utilities such as dmod, mls, dgrep and many more
Wazi Sandbox: Wazi Sandbox delivered a number of updates, including provisioning tools, z16 architecture support as well as updated components in extended ADCD.
Wazi Code: All the three components made notable updates.
- Wazi DevSpaces delivered updates to latest versions of extensions including Open Editor, Open Debug and Wazi Analyze Side car.
- Wazi for VSCode added many improvements for end users as well as many optimizations to make it run even better on the cloud on all supported platforms.
- Wazi for Eclipse delivered support for IBM Dependency based build v2.0 along with replacing getting started guide with cheat sheets.
Wazi Analyze: Delivered improvements to user experience in analyzing source files on Wazi for DevSpaces providing scripts to automate and simplify the procedures.
z/OS Cloud Broker: The following new enhancements and fixes are introduced in z/OS Cloud Broker 2.1.4:
- IBM License Service integration for license usage tracking and audit purposes. For more information, seeTracking z/OS Cloud Broker license usage.
- Suboperator image updates to support Operator SDK v1.22.2.
- Package updates and security fixes.
z/OS Connect Designer and z/OS Connect Server container images: z/OS Connect has made the following updates and enhancements:
- The version of Liberty that is embedded in IBM z/OS Connect is upgraded to V220.127.116.11.
- A “Test API” button to show when the API Project is built and ready for testing.
- Documentation updates: updating an OpenAPI 3 document in the z/OS Connect API project files by using an integrated development environment (IDE) of your choice; Preparing to install the z/OS Connect Operator in a restricted environment, using a bastion host; Creating, updating and importing an OpenAPI 3 document in the z/OS Connect Designer.
Open Enterprise Languages on z/OS: Open Enterprise Languages includes Go, Python, and Node.js.These languages brings a large ecosystem of packages to help accelerate application, process modernization, and take advantage of co-location with critical applications and data. In this new release, IBM Open Enterprise SDK for Go upgraded to the most current release of Go, v1.18.
z/OS Package Manager: The following updates are introduced in z/OS Pacakage Manager 1.0.2:
- Security vulnerability fixes.
- Fix to correctly set z/OS Package Manager proxy port number.
With the IBM Z and Cloud Modernization Stack, you can:
- Provide simple and secure access to mainframe applications and data in minutes.
- Embrace modern enterprise DevOps with industry standard tooling and modern languages that can open your talent pool to cloud native developers and increases developer productivity.
- Take an open, standardized approach to IT automation you can reduce the need for specialized skills while maintaining proper controls and compliance
- Uses an open hybrid cloud approach optimized for Red Hat OpenShift.
To find out more visit our product page on www.ibm.com/products/z-and-cloud-modernization-stack
Or our latest updates on the GitHub community: