The trend to benefit from the agility of hybrid cloud solutions for all types of non-containerized and containerized workloads hasn’t stopped. IT organizations are shifting workloads to a cloud computing service model that blends an on-premises infrastructure with private and public cloud computing models, unlike traditional IT.
The new IBM® Cloud Infrastructure Center 1.1.6 extends the ‘Infrastructure-as-a-Service’ management capabilities for the IBM Z® and IBM® LinuxONE platforms, providing enhanced agility, efficiency, and scalability.
IBM Cloud Infrastructure Center 1.1.6 benefits include:
- Consistency group support, enabling a snapshot for multiple disks at the same time
- Backup and restore of Red Hat KVM-based virtual machines with IBM Spectrum® Scale
- The ability to manage the FCP multipath template lifecycle with fine granularity on IBM z/VM®
- The ability to manage the access control (security group) of a Red Hat KVM-based virtual machines
- Performance enhancement in several Day 2 operations such as environment checker, healthy checker, and diagnostic data collection to support a scale-out environment
- Hybrid hypervisor support to manage both hypervisors, z/VM and Red Hat KVM, in one instance of Cloud Infrastructure Center
- Visualization of the network topology with the UI, showing the relationship between the components
Learn more about IBM Cloud Infrastructure Center 1.1.6