During SHARE in Orlando
this August, the user group will debut a new program: New to z Systems
. Aimed at individuals who are new to working with the mainframe and are looking to develop basic z Systems skills quickly, prior knowledge of the platform is not required.
New to z Systems is a three-day event Aug. 10 to 12 at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort in Orlando. It includes access to hands-on labs and presentations, both SHARE in Orlando keynote addresses
, networking receptions and admittance to one additional SHARE technical session Wednesday afternoon.
Upon completion of the New to z Systems program, attendees will:
- Understand the basic z Systems platform architecture and features
- Be familiar and comfortable with z Systems terminology and proper vocabulary
- Be able to have a conversation with an experienced z Systems technician
- Be comfortable using z Systems interfaces such as 3270 and be able to navigate them without assistance
- Be familiar with SHARE, how it works and the education it offers
- Receive a certificate of completion
Registration is now open and is $1,110 for members and $1,380 for non-members.
Learn more about the New to z Systems program or register here
. Send questions to SHARE Headquarters at SHAREhq@SHARE.org
Valerie Dennis is site editor of Destinationz.org