During the 50th anniversary celebration of the mainframe, IBM announced on April 8 a new products and services aimed to build out and extend the leadership capabilities of the zEnterprise platform with new solutions and capabilities for its clients and partners.
Among the announcements are new cloud and mobile offerings, increased security, and big data and analytics solutions.
Building a secure, reliable public or private cloud is easier with the announcement of the IBM Enterprise Cloud Server. With turnkey packaging and, users get a pre-integrated, pre-configured system that combines hardware, storage and cloud-management software. Customers can rapidly set up and run a cloud environment on System z.
Other new and updated cloud offerings include:
- Pay-as-you-grow pricing: Managed Service Providers and Cloud Service Providers now have more pricing options and flexibility based on needs.
- IBM Cloud OpenStack Platform v4.1: An entry-level cloud-management stack that delivers basic cloud capabilities consistent across all supported IBM platforms.
- Continuous Integration for System z: Compresses application delivery cycle from months to weeks or days by providing enhancements for planning, automating and monitoring application quality and testing at a reduced cost for testing.
As connection and reliance on mobile increases, IBM System z Solution for Mobile Computing can extend enterprise apps, data and transactional capabilities for mobile-on-the-go services at a competitive cost and high quality of service. And with IBM WebSphere Liberty z/OS Connect, mobile applications are quickly and securely integrated with enterprise- or cloud-based APIs and services.
Among other offerings and announcements:
- CICS Transaction Server V5.2: Providing sub-second responses 24 hours a day with enhanced mobile protocol support and flexible application lifecycle management in a cloud environment.
- Hadoop for Linux on System z: Connect to data on System z and Hadoop to be analyzed without leaving the box.
- IBM Security zSecure SSE: Prevents malicious computer attacks with enhanced security intelligence and compliance reporting.
View more on the Mainframe50 and IBM’s announcements here