IBM Doc Buddy is a new mobile app that enables you to search error messages of IBM Z software products in both online or offline environments on your mobile device. The app serves as a perfect replacement for LookAt, a z/OS message tool for which support is no longer available. The app is available in both Apple App Store and Google Play.
Quick Troubleshooting, Easy Access
You can install the app on your smartphone or tablet, and start your modern way of working in the Z world. With IBM Doc Buddy, you’ll find explanations for IBM Z product messages within seconds, even if you don’t have an internet connection. And for quick, easy access to the troubleshooting information, you can also bookmark error message explanations. In addition to z/OS, z/VSE and z/VM, IBM Doc Buddy integrates messages from products such as WebSphere MQ, z/TPF, CICS, IMS, Db2 for z/OS and more.
There are cross-references to relevant IBM Support Portal pages to help with troubleshooting tasks at the end of each message. You can also save IBM Support or your colleagues’ contact information in IBM Doc Buddy to easily get further assistance when you need.
IBM Doc Buddy also provides Red Alerts notifications. When you tap on a Red Alert title, you’ll be directed to detailed information in the Red Alerts subscription service website.
More Helpful Features
In IBM Doc Buddy, you’ll find:
- The latest news from IBM Z as well as thoughts and opinions from our mainframe experts
- A new “Home” tab that allows you to browse important mainframe information, including events and announcements, in the “Top News” section. The app also supports the PDF format, so you can view conference presentations and whitepapers without leaving the app.
- IBM Knowledge Center documentation that can be searched from the “Home” tab
- A faster search experience, because Doc Buddy includes scoped mainframe content only
- Blogs and videos under each product column to help you learn more about IBM Z. The content is classified into product basics and new features to facilitate navigation.
- The ability to subscribe to IBM Senior Technical Staff Members’ personal columns so you can hear their thought and learn some tips and tricks for your product
- Ability to forward content URLs to your peers and customers
The IBM Doc Buddy app helps you get more out of your mobile device – especially when it comes to the mainframe world.
Yvonne Ma joined IBM in 2005, and has worked as an SMP/E and z/OS XL C/C++ element planner and writer. She is also the project manager of the IBM Doc Buddy app.
Emily Siu joined IBM China Development Lab as an information developer in 2010. She has worked on the information development for IBM Z products, including TPF and IMS.
Alicia Mao is the marketing focal on the IBM Doc Buddy team. She works with the team to create the best mobile app experience for mainframe customers. Alicia is also an information developer for IBM Configuration Assistant for z/OS Communications Server and IBM Multi-site Workload Lifeline