I'm happy to announce that SUSE Package Hub is now available for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12.
SUSE Package Hub brings additional open source packages to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 customers thru our standard delivery channel SUSE Customer Center (SCC).
No additional costs, ready to use.
All customers on entitled products are now able to access the packages from Package Hub like any other module or extension to SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 products.
SUSE Package Hub is a free extension for the following products (including service packs):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Application 12
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi
Package Hub contains over 800 open source packages and the list is growing!
Easy to access
If you are running an entitled and registered product from above, you are free to use one of the following options to access Package Hub:
With YaST2 Registration Module
- Launch the YaST2 Customer Center Module
- Register the base SUSE product if not done already
- View modules and extensions
- Select the SUSE Package Hub 12 extension
- Accept the SUSE Package hub key if prompted
Easy to contribute
You like to see more packages or you are missing some packages in Package Hub ?
Go ahead and learn how to contribute by using open source tools like Open Build Service to add any open source package.
Need help ?
Package Hub is SUSE approved which means that your SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 remains supported and supportable when using packages from Package Hub. The packages itself are not officially supported by SUSE.
If you need help with some packages you either want to checkout our awesomeopenSUSE community or file a bug in Bugzilla.
Please visit our website https://packagehub.suse.com for more information.