Agile integration capabilities enable business agility with Cloud Pak for Integration for IBM Z and LinuxONE
By: Bindiya T M, Application Developer, IBM Cloud Paks on IBM Z and LinuxONE
By: Anita Nayak, Senior System Software Engineer, IBM Cloud Paks on IBM Z and LinuxONE
By: Srirama Sharma, Technical Architect, IBM Cloud Paks on IBM Z and LinuxONE
By: Srinath Kanukolanu, Offering Manager, IBM Cloud Paks on IBM Z and LinuxONE
IBM Cloud Pak for Integration brings together proven, best-in-class capabilities to deliver a streamlined integration solution. Once installed, IBM Cloud Pak for Integration eases monitoring, maintenance and upgrades, helping your enterprise stay ahead of the innovation curve. Built on Red Hat OpenShift, IBM Cloud Pak for Integration is now available for IBM Z and LinuxONE.
Cloud Pak for Integration is rapidly becoming the choice of many enterprise customers across the industries as the default integration platform to combine seamless access to integration tools and middleware with an agile and modern approach to application connectivity, integration, deployment and maintenance.
Taking advantage of new ways to create, build and deploy applications and integrate them across the business, Cloud Pak for Integration offers a powerful, yet simple interface to provide access to a comprehensive and complete set of integration features and capabilities, easily configured and deployed through a single, tailored user interface.
IBM Cloud Pak for Integration is built to provide a modern container-based integration platform including IBM’s leading integration offerings and capabilities which can be used either as an integrated part of this container deployment environment or deployed standalone as they are today. This is supported through a flexible licensing approach. Existing integration clients can bring their current investments in IBM’s integration offerings into this licensing model, and all clients can buy new licensing entitlements offering complete flexibility, not just in how you choose to deploy integration features, but with the power to change these integration choices as frequently as you want. The licensing is offered as Virtual Processor Core (VPC) basis which is equivalent of Integrated Facility Linux (IFL) or the Physical Core.
IBM Cloud Pak for Integration is the only hybrid integration platform on the market that supports both traditional as well as emerging integration styles. Featuring industry-leading capabilities, including API integration, application integration, messaging, event streams, and high-speed data transfer into a unified experience.
Cloud Pak for Integration (CP4I) 3.1 is now available on IBM Z and includes these market-leading integration offerings:
- Platform Navigator
- App Connect Dashboard (v220.127.116.11)
- Event Streams (v10.1.0)
- Aspera HSTS (v4.0.0)
- MQ (v9.2.0)
You can find out more about IBM Cloud Pak for Integration in this blog written by Leif Davidsen, Offering Manager, CP4I. IBM Cloud Pak for Integration includes the following components.
Application Connect Enterprise is primarily used for Application Integration use cases
- Universal Connectivity (connects any-to-any)
- Transforms custom data format to target data format
- Works with any protocol including TCP/IP, MQ, REST API, CICS and IMS
- Reusable assets – once built can be deployed anywhere regardless of platform
IBM MQ is primarily used for Messaging
- Delivers a queue manager and an MQ console
- One queue manager per instance
- Many queues can be managed via that queue manager
- Simple HA configuration
- Includes Advanced capabilities which include features such as encryption at rest
- io gateway implementation included into this MQ product, this product doesn’t require any special licensing: Transfer up to 100s of times faster using built-in FASP® protocol
- Any size or volume
- Predictable and reliable
- Adaptive bandwidth control
- Achieve multi-Gbps speeds
IBM Event Streams is primarily used for Streaming of Alerts, Notifications, Events etc.
- Deploy production ready Apache Kafka onto Red Hat OpenShift Cluster in minutes
- Highly available
- Ready for production
- Each instance is a Kafka cluster
- Securely move data at high speed over global IP networks between on-premises and hybrid cloud environments regardless of size, distance, and network conditions
- Move data between on premises and cloud or cloud-to-cloud rapidly and predictably with enhanced levels of security to facilitate fast adoption of cloud platforms when data sets are very large.
- Microservice architecture
- Exposes both the API Manager and Cloud Manager UIs
- Single sign-on support for API Manager included, support for Cloud Manager will come later
- Optionally deploys all API Connect sub-systems – analytics, developer portals, gateways
- Simple HA configuration
- Platform Navigator - Provide centralized management and control of all Cloud Pak for Integration components with this integration-specific user interface
- Asset Repository - Achieve accelerated development through reuse of integration assets across capabilities
- Common Services- Get logging, metering, monitoring and many other key foundational services with IBM Common Services, a set of private cloud platform services that provide the benefits of the public cloud from the safety of your firewall-protected data centre. Entitlement to IBM Common Services is included in Cloud Pak for Integration to facilitate the transition to OpenShift
Following is the air-gap installation depiction of CP4I products on OCP cluster setup
You can find out more in the announcement letter – “IBM Cloud Pak for Integration on IBM Z” and the Knowledge Center “KC Link”